This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Where to Download 15.04

I installed 15.04 in VirtualBox and am getting frequent crashes. Probably understandable as it was a nightly build. Or it might be a VirtualBox issue. Is there another source rather than the nightly builds. I assume the latest nightly build would be the most reliable.
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

You do know that development for 15.04 has only just started. It is currently at the alpha stage of development meaning that it will break and crash quite regularly it won't become stable until the first beta release.

Comment

I don't know if it is another source of downloading from the one you used, but the official announcement with links:

http://www.kubuntu.org/news

I'm not getting frequent crashes with Vivid in Virtualbox, fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
        You do know that development for 15.04 has only just started. It is currently at the alpha stage of development meaning that it will break and crash quite regularly it won't become stable until the first beta release.
        As a contributor to development of a Linux distro, I certainly do know that. That does not negate my question, which also invites others testing what their current experience is. And I did get a response on that experience.
        Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
        Rich

Comment

You can get the Alpha 1 iso from Kubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) Alpha 1
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Are you trying to drive a big monitor / resize to full-screen?
            https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=340966
            This should fix both VirtualBox and VMware when 5.1.2 lands.

Comment

I downloaded again from the thread ronw posted and re-installed. It is now running without crashing.
              Rich

Comment

Working...
              X