This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a 'snapshot' of one's OS

I've just done a fresh install, deleted programs I don't want, installed what I do, made everything pretty - I know that one can save their software selection, but is there a way to save your system's configuration as a whole as an iso that one could install on another machine or save for archive purposes? I've heard of something called 'remastersys' which allows one to copy a system's setup onto another machine, but is there any way to save an OS as an ISO to be installed later? I doubt Ubuntu will ever have an option to build your own package ala Slax, but it'd make life easier.

Re: Taking a 'snapshot' of one's OS

look hear at @toad's posts

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...seen#msg255849

+remastersys dose do what your talking about.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Cheers Vinny

But for a snapshot I'm with you all the way, remastersys it is.
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Good to hear... except I'm on Linux Mint 10 KDE now, and I've heard remastersys isn't an option for me. Sorry for all the "i've heard"s - my reading on linux so far is like a wiki maintained by PennDOT (in PA, USA, the people who take care of our roads are akin to mythical creatures).

Comment

I use partclone to save my system, then restore to any other hard drive or partition of my choice.
          You can download the deb file then just use the sbin inside the compressed folder to your liking without actual installation.
          Clonezilla has partclone as part of its cloning process also.
          Boot Info Script

Comment

Working...
          X