This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Font shrank and is now unreadable?

I just installed 10.10 on my desktop computer and i installed the Nvidia video card drivers...rebooted and suddenly all my font is so small, i cannot read it. I cant even change any settings its so small.

what do i do?

Re: Font shrank and is now unreadable?

which video card and monitor are you using? maybe your resolution is just too small?

is it possible to access any settings, like in terminal, running nvidia-settings and adjusting the resolution?
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

K --> System Settings --> Application Appearance --> Fonts
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I have a 32 inch LCD, 1080p resolution.

I already tried going to fonts settings, but there so small, its unreadable, even with my face up against the screen.
        How do revert all fonts back to default? My Laptop never had this issue, but it is a 12.1 inch with ATI card.

Comment

is it an lcd television, or a 3 inch computer monitor? If it is a TV (what make and model is it?), more than likely it is not properly reporting its capabilities/specs.

I would suggest , if possible, to open system settings and see if you can lower the resolution to a point where you can see, at least to get you up and running, or uninstall the nvidia drivers. But it definitely will be hard if you can't see the text

Comment

Alt-F2>kmag
            8)
            Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200

Comment

what is kmag?

its a 32 inch HDTV. ....i kinda fixed it by typing in fonts in search then i clicked far right buttons. i could just barely see the numbers but i changed all the settings to 26 and i can now see text, but their not all the right size their supposed to be, but at least they are readable.

The TV should be reporting its capabilities fine, at least it does in Windows. Its like everything changed to the native resolution but the fonts did not adjust?
              i dunno, but various other things are starting to discourage my continued use of this though, some stuff is way over complicated

Comment

My 32 inch lcd tv doesn't report itself correctly in any OS, though perhaps Windows has your model's info in it's database or it has an .inf file. But your TV is probably not itself sending the correct info.

It is exasperating, nonetheless.

Comment

kmag is the magnifying tool. It might help you see what you're doing so you can fix things.

Comment

Working...
                  X