This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edgy Eft kubuntu wish list.

Edgy is the next release, but are we happy the way kubuntu is going? Do you have wishes that maybe can make kubuntu better.

I have some and want to share it and maybe you have some to and lets discusse about it.

My wishes are:

A rock stable kubuntu because after latest update its buggy for me again.

Better 686 kernel because for me it hangs random and need to downgrade it again to 386 to have a working laptop.

Networkmanager as default wireless network settings. ( Needs to be more stable and better worked out because it still doesn't work for my rt 2500 pcmcia card.

Powersave  as default but needs to work better, it doesn't preunload my rt2500 pcmcia card so it doesn't suspend to ram/disk. Also if i try it without the pcmcia card it doesn't come back properly and the screen stay black but i hear (Starting soundtune ) it loads KDM/KDE.

I like koffice above open office because it faster and does supply my needs.

konqueror our firefox as default browser i'm still devided between the two, i like konqueror more because it has a better bookmark system and i kan easly switch to another tab to do some filemanager things. But it doesn't display a few sites as good as firefox.

The eyecandy isn't important atm for me i rather have a stable kubuntu then eyecandy atm. And we will get the eyecandy with kde4, atleast i hope hehe.

And ofcourse the promised kubuntu love from Shuttleworth.
Working...
X