This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usenet, Pan2 newsreader, multi-datastream connections

I am asking for directions on where to go next. Or, who do I contact?

I like Pan2 as my newsreader as part of KDE, and I subscribe to 7 newsgroups. 6 of them are just fine and no problems. The seventh, rec.woodworking, is giving me fits and heartburn.

My ISP, Earthlink (DSL) gave up the whole usenet server bit and sub-contracted to Giganew for news server. As I said, 6 of my 7 newsgroups are just fine.

Aside: my ISP "help desk" is useless. They don't have knowledge of newsgroups or usenet . Giganews will not let me submit a Tech support question as I am not a direct paying customer. Giganews has taken over Supernews servers.

In Pan, I have setup for 3 datastream connections. A login and password is needed. On my Seventh subscribed newsgroup I get the following message. I have tried to delete the articles and reload the NG articles but get the error message.

Error message: earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net returned an error: 502 (remote) (aucl:earthlink.com;phil******@earthlink.net) exceeded maximum number of connections per user

I suspect that I have some sort of hung connections to the server for that newsgroup. Were do I go for fault isolation help? Is this a problem with Pan2, or with the Server?

BTW, If I use a different newsreader with a different phony 'reply-to-address' the newsgroup rec.woodworking act just fine. But all attempts to mess around with Pan2 results in same error.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Phil
Working...
X