This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resize a legal page to letter size paper in a PDF

My landlord downloaded a rental agreement as a PDF file. It came formatted for LEGAL (8 1/5 x 14) paper. We don't have this size at home. How do I resize the text to fit a LETTER (8 1/5 x 11) size page.

Stupid WINDOZE does this without any trouble. One silly little check box in the Printer dialog labelled "FIT TO PAGE".

I wasted 10 sheets of paper and an hour trying to do this SIMPLE task with KUBUNTU.

What am I missing? I must be able to do this. I tried KPDF, Konqueror, and Ghostview. I also tried to open it in Open Office Writer.

Please don't tell me that I have to have WINDOZE installed just to do this.....

ARRRAGGHHH

Re: Resize a legal page to letter size paper in a PDF

Maybe imagemagick? (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=220748) although that seems somewhat unsatisfactory.

Comment

Also just found something called PDF Meld, they make a linux version and you can dl the demo for free (it may do the resizing you need). Otherwise though its paid software. Hope the demo can do what you want.

Comment

Or Online PDF Converter it should allow you to convert the pdf to doc and then you can have your way with it.

Or Cabaret Stage a java based pdf viewer and editor may also be up to the task.

Comment

Working...
        X