This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wubi Windows Installer

Was just looking at the hardy alpha 5 and saw 'Wubi Windows Installer' that allows you to install kubuntu into a windows partition. Can someone please explain to me what this means and how it works because I'm a bit confused by it.
    https://wiki.kubuntu.org/HardyHeron/...1304bca055054f

Re: Wubi Windows Installer

I've played around with Wubi a little - basically, it allows you to install *buntu on your Windows partition, and modifies its bootloader to provide you with the choice of booting either to Windows or *buntu. Pretty cool stuff, but I'd still rather have separate partitions.

You can find more info on Wubi here.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Wow, thats pretty impressive (for new users at least). Those crazy devs have done it again.

Comment

Wow, thats pretty impressive (for new users at least). Those crazy devs have done it again.
        Yes indeed, especially since it installed Kubuntu on my NTFS partition (which isn't supposed to be compatible with Linux)
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

not only that! .... it also installed Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha on to a Seagate Free Agent external USB drive (NTFS), something I've been trying to do for weeks with no success, using Wubi it installed and booted first time with no problems!

Comment

Working...
          X