This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wine and ms office 2003

Hi. I just installed ms office 2003 using wine 0.9.52 (i am running Gusty Gibbon). Microsoft word seems to crash quite often while saving files. This does not happen in excel or power point, and they seem to be working great. Has anyone else experienced this problem in MS Word 2003 and wine 0.9.52, or know what might be causing it? If it makes a difference, my windows version in wine is set to Windows 2000.

P.S., to get MS Office 2003 working with wine 0.9.52, see the following link:

http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2008...inux-with.html

Re: wine and ms office 2003

Sorry to be a bit pedantic, but why use an inferior office suite when you have the choice? Is there any specific reason not to use Open Office?
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

i use open office for almost everything. however, for a few things its nice to have ms office.

Comment

I know that open office doesn't do anything. I would think about using the viewers rather than the office package. If you own windows, I would go the virtualbox route instead. If not, keep plugging with wine.

Comment

Working...
        X