X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing

Hi All,

I am running an Ubuntu distro(Feisty Fawn) 7.04, with K Desktop.

I have set file sharing up in Samba with K control, and tried to set up a print share with Gnome in global settings, which I assume takes care of the cupsd.config, as the ubuntu printing docs says.

The XP clients on my little network will not pick up the printer, I can see the share by using SEARCH-COMPUTERS-SERVER IP and clicking on the printer and fax icon, but after that zip.

Could my problem be that I am using KDE and Gnome?

How do I set a up a printer share with k control in Samba?

Hope one of you guys has got some answers for me.

Thanks

Re: Printing

Using Samba to share files between Linux and Windows - Sharing directories and printers

Read through this article. The section on sharing directories and printers is down the page a bit. Hopefully this will help you.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Printing

Thanks Paul,

Have been to this point before, and tried to set up Samba from K control without a lot of success.
      I think I may have had a bad CD copy of the Ubuntu distro, my fault, think I burned it to disk at too high a speed.
      I have now downloaded Kubuntu, and I am starting again from scratch, I will read the article you have suggested carfully and get on with the task in hand, will post the results.

PS There seems to be a little problem in selecting any other screen resolution than 640x480 even in administrator,any clues?

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X