X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD burner doesn't work?

Reply Contact
    Ok so recently I noticed that my dad's comp has a DVD drive that says "DVD writer" on the faceplate, and knowing that my dad doesn't burn DVDs I swapped it with my simple DVD reader...

So one day I was at the store and I wanted to pick up some blank DVDs. I learned that there are DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs. I asked the guy at Fred Meyer what's the difference and he told me it's formatting and that DVD-Rs are more common, so I should try that if I don't know.

So I bought it, brought it home and tried writing it. It didn't work - the drive LED just kept flashing, and the blank DVD never loaded. If I opened up NERO DVD writing option, the "Burn" button would be disabled when I'm creating a DVD.

So I opened up EVEREST home edition, and it showed me the following:

Optical Drive Properties
    Device Description HP DVD Writer 100j
    Manufacturer HP
    Device Type DVD+RW
    Speed DVD+RW:2.4x/8x, CD:12x/10x/32x

So I was like crap! It's a DVD+R!

So I went back to Fred Meyer and picked me up a 15-pack of maxell DVD+R blanks...

I come home, I pop it in my drive, and the same damn story! When I open up my Nero Express latest cracked version, the "Burn" button is disabled when I do the DVD setup. If I try to click "Disc Info", it waits for a while saying "Searching for a disk" and then shows up saying "No disc inserted or drive not ready, please try again", while my drive LED is still flashing.

My dad says that it's not a DVD writer, even though it says "DVD-writer" on the face plate, and everest says it's a DVD+RW"...

So any idea what the hell could be the problem?

Thanks!

[edited to remove spam and correct spelling, 2007-08-13]
Working...
X