Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE neon 24.04 upgrade testing is now open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE neon 24.04 upgrade testing is now open!

https://community.kde.org/Neon/NobleUpgrades

personal notes :

Downgrade and remove any PPAs with ppa-purge that provide things newer than what is in Noble's repos:
    • Mesa and other driver related sources (Kisak, Ernstp, probably the Ubuntu Driver PPA
    • The Debian-Pipewire PPA --this very likely will break things badly, it involves a LOT more than just using ppa-purge.
    • Even Libreoffice upgrade PPAs
    If using Debian-pipwire to get a full pipewire/wireplumber setup (for things like Wayland screen recording and sharing, OBS), it probably is better to just clean install.
    I managed to get through downgrading this twice. I sort of know what I am doing, a little, with conflict resolution, and even reversing the steps used to upgrade to the full pipewire/wireplumber stack, I had severe dep issues, even on the second go after taking notes and restoring to a snapshot. I managed to get out of it, but it probably would have taken less time to clean install and restore backups.

To be clear, my current neon install is two years old, and the drive has been in three different machines, and is...not close to stock at all.
Working...
X