This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] KolourPaint How To Question

If I draw a circle, square, etc on to a photo, how do I select the figure as an object and move it about? Can't find the answer anywhere to include the online manual. And if it is movable, can it be moved by dragging, arrow keys, etc? Can it be moved in small increments? Thanks.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

In order to select and then move, you have to use the top three selection tool items: Free-Form (M), Rectangular (S), or Elliptical (I).
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks. Two things.

1. I can't "select" an object that I have drawn.

2. If I use one of the selection options to draw, as I move it, it takes that background with it and leaves a white blank space.
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Yes, the selection/move is basically a 'cut' action. KolourPaint4 is a limited program. Have you given consideration to Gimp? It's very powerful, full featured, and likely will do everything you want to do.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you. I'll give it a spin.
          HP15 -

Comment

Working...
          X