Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Problem with my 2nd screen....

Hi mates, my name is Mauricio Leiva, from Argentina.
    I have this problem with my kubuntu 16.04:
    Really, i don't know how to solve this

I have 2 videos cards:

Principal: Nvidia GTX 970 with the last 367.27 driver
    Secondary: Intel onboard
    I tried it with arandr, but don't work (also, dont' save the settings) Really, I'm very frustrated.
    The system is doing very well, very stable and no errors ....but, i can't use my displays like i want....

Maybe, someone can help me....Greetings!

Perhaps this might help, even though you don't have a black screen problem:
    https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post390016
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Two things:
      1) The behaviour in the video is reminiscent of some desktop effects. Does it still happen with desktop effects disabled?
      2) Have you run the Nvidia settings utility? Should be in the K menu in settings.

Regards, John Little
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Do your two monitors have the same XxY resolution? It does not look like it.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Hi!
          Thanks for the answers

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          Two things:
          1) The behaviour in the video is reminiscent of some desktop effects. Does it still happen with desktop effects disabled?
          2) Have you run the Nvidia settings utility? Should be in the K menu in settings.

Regards, John Little
          1 - Yeah, and the problem continues...
          2 - Yeah, but i can't find nothing in relation of my problem....

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Do your two monitors have the same XxY resolution? It does not look like it.
          Yes, the same resolution in both monitors: 1920x1080

Comment

Have you tried switching the monitors to see if you have a bad socket or monitor?

Comment

I have the same problem when I use my Nvidia driver. It works if you use System Settings to have the external monitor on the right instead of the left. I have found that if it still misbehaves, I delete the contents of ~/.local/share/kscreen and reboot. When this is done, I find that the default setting is with the External Display on the right.

This problem was supposed to be fixed in KDE Plasma 5.7 but it is still not yet fixed as can be seen at https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=356225#c125

Comment

Working...
              X