X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15.04: no more windows decorations

Hello all,
    As mentioned in a previous message the upgrade to 15.04 didn't go smoothly and I had problems (no more wake from sleep, graphic driver crash, etc). And today things got worse (didn't change anything!): there's no more decoration on the windows, making the desktop basically useless. There's no KDE bar either. Only the top window (reopened at login) is active and I cannot switch with the mouse or Alt-Tab.
    I've searched for "kde missing window decorations" and variants, but most of the advice concerns kde4, not 5.

Also, it seems to be limited to my main user, login as another user works fine. I event tried to rename .kde to something else and the problem remains.

Originally posted by dargaud View Post
    Also, it seems to be limited to my main user, login as another user works fine. I event tried to rename .kde to something else and the problem remains.
    I don't have a solution, but the standard "move .kde" tactic won't do much with Plasma 5. Settings are now in .config and .local.

Comment

Thanks. So, should I toss out one or both of those directories, or just some files within ? Any log I can use to diagnose better ? There's nothing useful in the syslog or the X.org logs.

Comment

hit alt+f2 then run kwin_x11 --replace
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thanks but didn't work. Ended up reinstalling, without copying the .config/.kde subdirs. There are still issues (windows don't restart in the right places on login) but none critical.

Comment

Working...
          X