This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A habit problem for desktop files?

I am jackaroo.Two days ago,I install the Kubuntu in my PC.But now,I find I am in trouble for my habit.Question:Can I create/manage files/Directory on the Desktop(maybe called root Xwindow),just like in windows/Ubuntu?For I can't find the tab with my right click on the desktop?Thank you!

Re: A habit problem for desktop files?

Use Dolphin - the KDE File Manager. K > Dolphin (if it's in your Favorites - should be) or K > System > Dolphin
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Use Dolphin - the KDE File Manager. K > Dolphin (if it's in your Favorites - should be) or K > System > Dolphin
      thank you. But,the Dolphin can't meet my demand。I just mean I can create files or directory,such as .txt,doc and so on,on the desktop when I click my right mouse。I think that can improve efficiency。when I work with windows,I often create file for record important thing at will, not to open a Application like Dolphin?
      Help me.....Think you

Comment

What version of Kubuntu did you install?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          What version of Kubuntu did you install?
          the lastest one,Kubuntu 10.04 LTS

Comment

You can create directories and text files using dolphin in your home directory and drag them to the desktop.
            If you are dual-booting with windows you can also Drag My Documents to your desktop and select link here

Comment

Originally posted by zilong
              the lastest one,Kubuntu 10.04 LTS
              By default, the Folder View widget is installed. This widget can be configured to show what ever folder you want - I changed mine to show my Home folder. The right-click drop down menu function works on the contents displayed.

Comment

Thanks for your help,I got it!!!

Comment

Sorry for promoting this :-X but you could if you really want a windoze-cluttered-desktop-full-of-unused-icons...

a) right click screen and unlock widgets
                  b) right click screen desktop settings
                  c) activities
                  d) folder view - make settings to your demand
                  e) .. and voila .. neat desktop ruined :P
                  (mind it's my translation, may differ slightly with English)

I'd say Snowhogs reply is one step closer to get you out of a bad habit, then my suggestion and I have to admit that this was a major annoyance to me when I started using KDE, not anymore though, but it shows the potential of Kubuntu/KDE
                  ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                  Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                  Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                  Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                  - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                  >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                  X