This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ksudoku improved

I was quite happy with Ksudoku in Intrepid and previous releases, but recently installed it in Jaunty and find it much better.

Under the older versions, the default was you needed to select any square before entering a number there. With the pointer moving around from one place to another, a number typed would go the previously selected square, not where the pointer was. Now, move the pointer to any square, press a numeric key and the number goes in, much less effort, much more intuitive, more pleasure, less frustration. It is excellent, I'm impressed.

As I'm dual booting with Ubuntu Jaunty and the Sudoku comes included, it offers a different way of choosing the level from easy to very hard, but the highlighting lacks the usefulness of KDE. KDE is great and it's getting better.
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Re: Ksudoku improved

Have you seen the new default games theme for 4.3? Nice to see the visual refresh to go along with teh continuing refinement of the "guts".

http://my.opera.com/it-s/blog/2009/0...nas-are-coming

Comment

Nice post. Thanks for the link. It confirms that KDE is moving in the right direction - forwards, and that although already a great desktop, keeps getting better.

Comment

I dunno, I think Ksudoku has gone backwards with 4.2.
        You can't print games to play away from the computer.
        At the end of every game, you get asked if you want to restart the game (even if you've won).

The developers should really consider including the "clean theme" which was on freshmeat, but has disappeared since freshmeat changed servers. I find the default themes very distracting, so do not like the theme shown for 4.3 at all.

Comment

I haven't tried printing from any version of Ksudoku, but I only this morning installed it also on Karmic and like the way it looks there. I think it's still KDE 4.2. something. 4.3 isn't too far away.

Comment

Working...
          X