This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube in Kde4.1?

Hello guys.Is it possible to make the so called "cube" in kde 4.1?
    Lead your life as it is your last day on Earth

Re: Cube in Kde4.1?

Huh! I couldn't even make a desktop that would last with KDE 4.1! How long do you plan to hang on to that version? I wouldn't attempt a cube, if you have it working stably -- you might break it!

Comment

so what do you suggest?To move on kDE 4.2?Is it possible using Kubuntu 8.10?
      Lead your life as it is your last day on Earth

Comment

I have lost track of whether or how you migrate from KDE 4.1 to KDE 4.2, while running 8.10. Judging from the many "upgrade broke it" posts on this forum, it would appear that upgrading to 9.04 is a fairly risky proposition. Depending on your druthers, and AFTER backing up all your data securely, I guess you could try pushing the upgrade button and see what happens. Or maybe you should make and verify a 9.04 Live CD first, and then push the upgrade button, just to see what happens.

I personally did a new installation of 9.04, when the Beta was released, and it has been mostly trouble-free since late March. I'm not running "the cube" on it, at the moment, but the graphics are very satisfactory with the "Desktop Effects" and 4 screens, on a big Samsung CRT, so I'm quite happy with it as-is. No guarantees, however -- YMMV.

Comment

The cube and just about everything else is working perfectly in KDE 4.2 - 08.10 was and still is experimental while 09.04 appears to be well polished. I'd go with dibl's suggestion to reinstall. You might want to keep your /home if you have opted for extensive customisation. While you are at it you may also want to search for Rog131's post on dselect (for automated package reinstall). If I knew where it were I'd tell you
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
          X