This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu Bar Options

Although not many good things come out of Redmond nowadays, one thing I personally like in particular is placing the menu bar in a drop down menu (it's common in Vista and some XP applications).

I know there is an option (ctrl+m) to hide the menu bar in all KDE apps, but I would like to know if there is a way to mimic the way Vista handles menu bars (or at least a way that we Linux users can make it better ). For instance, I was thinking that the button application button by default at the left on the window bar could store the menu bar in a sub-menu or something.

My reasoning for this, is that in most applications, there is little need of the menu bar on a consistent basis as there are numerous other tool bars that we all configure with the functions we most often use. But having the menu bar accessible on demand (without using ctrl+m) might be useful to some people.

Any thoughts on the matter?
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Re: Menu Bar Options

Not completly relevant but have you seen the 'Personal Menu' firefox plugin. Just install it, put whatever entries you want into it, and then hide the menu bar. Its fantastic, after adding that and bookmarks to the navigation toolbar I'm all set. I only have about 6 options listed in it too (including the toolbars one in case I want the menu bar back).

Comment

Re: Menu Bar Options

Thanks, I'll check it out.
      Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Working...
      X