X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved]Icons all shifted to the left

KDE4 Hardy.
    Somehow I deleted the portion of the panel that displays open application icons. All the icons on the panel have shifted to the left.
    Is there any way to replace this space and to move the icons to the right again?

Re: Icons all shifted to the left

The easiest way is to right click on the desktop and choose "add applet" (or something similar, mine is in german) and choose "taskbar" drag and drop to the left hand side of the panel.

Hope this helps
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Re: [Solved]Icons all shifted to the left

That was awesome. Vielen Dank.
      Although I could not seem to drag widgets from the desktop to the panel in KDE4, I removed all the icons in the panel, installed the taskbar widget by right clicking on the taskbar and choosing it from the list of widgets, Then I added the icons in the order that I like. Worked fine.

Comment

You are welcome. You can drag and drop from the applets window to the panel but not from the desktop itself (at least not yet)

Enjoy
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Meh -- same problem just happened to me -- a bad click, I guess, and all my panel icons took a fast trip to the left. When I re-selected the task manager widget, it parked itself on the right. I guess I am doomed to rebuild the panel, like bradley did. Bummer. It would be nice if they would give us a choice of "Left or Right " somewhere. Oh well, it's only 5 minutes ...

EDIT: Minor benefit of the panel reconstruction project -- the pager now shows my 4 compiz desktops correctly. Cool!

Comment

Working...
          X