This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need help with making my own server

ok, i'm new to linux, but i managed to make an apache server running and mysql. it's all working nice and tidy, and i can access it from any computer within the local network...but....i want it to be accessible from the net. so.... i heard i need some ip/port forwarding....but i'm honestly at a loss. the LAN is made of 3 computers and a siemens SE515 router. so if any1 can point me step by step what i need to do, i'd appreciate it. thanx

Re: i need help with making my own server

You would do the port forwarding in your router.

Connect to the routers administration web page (usually, you can put the routers local IP address in your web browser address bar and connect to it).

The section you want for port forwarding may be called different things. I'm not used to your router model. It might be called "applications and gaming", "port forwarding" or simply under an advanced config tab.

When you find the right section it will allow you to enter a port number (you will probably want port 80 for web traffic) and an IP address. You enter the IP address of your server running apache.

That should really be it. I would consult your router's manual / documentation to find out where they have these settings.

Comment

thank you for the information, it has been usefull

Comment

Take a look at this page: http://portforward.com/routers.htm

...it can give you a better idea...

Comment

Working...
        X