X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Home where it all started....

Good morning fellas!!

It's been long overdue since I posted anything on Kubuntu Forums!! I just wanted to tell my story and say THANKS.

It all started around 2009 when after playing around hacking and breaking Windows computers I discovered Linux (I was about 17-18 at the time), with Linux Mint KDE and Kubuntu Karmic Koala. Oof those good old times!!
    I remember trying to fix most of the things I ended up breaking (sound, graphic card settings, etc), asking here on Newbie section and after fixing something, discovering/learning something new. It was an addictive experience...and still is!

Thanks @claydoh, @woodsmoke, @SteveRiley, @Snowhog, @sithlord48, @oshunluvr, @MoonRise, @GreyGeek. I'm sure I'm missing more people.
    You guys made the man I am today and I wanted to let you know that your contributions not only build the community you have, but also shape people's passion. Thanks again for your time and knowledge. World is a better place with people like you.

Ever since, I started to develop a carrer on Cybersecurity. Kali, reversing, malware, remote exploitation, ethical hacking...thats why I was a bit off from Kubuntu itself, I shifted to a more specific purpose. Recently, I decided to build myself a Linux enviroment where I can work with my HacktheBox Labs based on Kubuntu as my daily driver. Also took upon myself to start giving back to the community as it once gave to me.

Developed some small projects around it:

https://github.com/kiraitachi/Offici...us-4-Scan-Menu
    https://github.com/kiraitachi/KinuxShield

Trying to fix the small things I find and to contribute my development around it. Hopefully I will be able to contribute more often, although I'm about to be a father so I dont know how much time that will take me...

In any case, my sole purpose with this thread was to say thanks to this beloved community. Thanks for your time, your patience and your wisdom. Great team at KubuntuForums.

Cheers!
    Last edited by kiraitachi; Nov 27, 2020, 02:48 AM.

It's wonderful to learn that the conversations that have taken place here have made such a difference at an individual level. Your words here just may reveal a path to the next generation of Linux lovers,

So, thank you for sharing the personal update and the nicest "Thank You" note we've ever received.

Please Read Me

Comment

Truly, nicely said. Thank you very much.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

What an awesome post, @kiraitachi! I'm glad you're back and hope you'll stick around.

(I was about 17-18 at the time)
        HA HA HA HA HA! When I was 17-18, we used smoke signals to communicate! Dinosaurs were still roaming the world. Linux? Not even a word back then...
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
        X