Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Why so quick to blame the distro/Devs?

I have noticed a tendency to automatically blame the distro and developers when someone comes across a problem. And this is from members who are not "noobs." but have been members for 5+years, some of which are known for having chronic issues resulting from older, low-spec, hardware.

I also see members coming here and complaining about a specific problem or requesting/demanding specific upgrades to the distro in lieu of filing an actual bug report. It's not like too many developers hang out here.

There's plenty of good help to be found here but logic and a little forethought go a long way.

<initiate soapbox dismount>...
    If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

+1

I chock it up to the tendency of people needing to rant/blow off steam and a lack of knowledge in how it all works .

maybe thinking that because this is a Kubuntu support forum that we hear know it all and make it all , not realizing we are just long time users that want to help in what areas we can in an effort to give back in some way for enjoying this free software and OS .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

The really pathetic ranters attempt to use extortion, as if that would help them get their problem fixed faster: "IF somebody doesn't fix X right now, I'm going to leave and tell everyone how bad distroX is". I see that, or something similar on most forums I visit.
      My response is usually a post explaining why they had the problem (most often the problem lies between the ears and the keyboard) and then I make no further posts to their thread.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X