This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas

Yes, not everyone celebrates, or celebrates for the same reason. Not withstanding, I extend to everyone here a Merry Christmas. I hope that the season finds you in good stead and with good company.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

and a very merry Christmas to you as well Snowhog ,,,,and all

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I hope that the season finds you in good stead and with good company.
      ... We have already over-done it food-wise. Between now and, say, Friday the 22nd, I am eating nothing but salt-free green beans and lettuce, period. Yeah, whatever your particular reasons for celebrating, it does seem to be a season of food. And whatever your particular beliefs may be, it is a good time to be grateful. For everything. Got car problems? Be grateful you have a car to have car problems with. Faucet leaking?

Be grateful you have a sink with a faucet. Health problems? Be grateful you have a life to have some health to have problems with. Grateful down to the last second. (And that concludes today's ramblings.)

Merry Christmas, Snowhog, Vinny, and all.
      Last edited by Qqmike; Dec 16, 2017, 08:04 PM.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Qqmike +1

I'm am thankful my wife of 55 years (as of Today!) is still with me and is in improving health. As you say, MUCH to be thankful for. Besides my wife I am thankful that I am a citizen of and live in the USA under the Rule of Law based on the Constitution, where accusation does not equal guilt (except for political purposes it seems). That I can still find forums where I can write freely, without censorship, and respect the right of others to do the same. That there is enough energy available to heat my home in the winter and cool it in the summer, and grow food which is available at affordable prices. Modern farming is, after all, just a way of using land to convert oil into food. And that I can find affordable clothing at shopping centers. And that I can afford to own a car and am still physically able to drive it. And that I lived through the development of electronic computing devices of such power and use them daily. Over a 10 hour day the human body can continuously sustain an 80 watt output. For 5 cents I use 1KWh, which is equivalent to owning work output of a dozen slaves, without enslaving anyone.

And, as a retired college physics teacher, and that which I do every year, I present the reason why Santa isn't real. However, this year, with a rebuttal:
        https://sploid.gizmodo.com/can-santa...ate-1669957032

Merry Christmas to all and to all a happy new year!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone at KFN.
          Linux User #454271

Comment

Merry Christmas to All!!

Comment

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Comment

Sudo apt-havea Merry Christmas!

Click image for larger version

Name:	KCDXSantaLinux.png
Views:	1
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	643701
                If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Merry Xmas! [emoji318]

Comment

Merry Christmas to all
                    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
                    X