This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] hating everything that begins with 'K'

I'm at SCaLE now, at a panel that includes Mark Shuttleworth. The host jokingly introduced Shuttleworth as "a spaceman with a box of shiny coins who hates everything that begins with 'K'.

EDIT: Link to video in post #8
    Last edited by rybnik; Jan 25, 2016, 12:45 PM.
    I run Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Thats fine. He can hate whoever or whatever he wants just like I can choose any other desktop except Unity.

Comment

"k" will still be around long after Unity is a bad memory.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

So he hates kindness, knowledge, and kids?

http://nounsstarting.com/with-k/
        http://noun1.com/start-k/
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Telling...

And sad because KDE was from the start an official variation in the Ubuntu family.
          It was the only reason I switched from Debian.

Comment

Curious as to who the presenter/host was? The introduction has a Jono Bacon/Brian Lunduke/Bad Voltage feel to it.

Interesting that the audience didn't seem to get it.
            Last edited by claydoh; Jan 24, 2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Teunis: It was the only reason I switched from Debian.
              Yep, I'll bet that's true for many of us here. It was the only reason I tried Linux. Ubuntu never would have worked for me. Irrational, but true. It wasn't money because at the time I was starting to build my own desktop PCs and could pickup a Windows OEM for just 100 bucks at NewEgg. I tried Kubuntu and liked it better (than XP, at the time).
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
                Curious as to who the presenter/host was?
                Gareth J. Greenaway

As claydoh implied, you can watch a recording of it on youtube. (The link is cued to the point where Shuttleworth is introduced.)
                I run Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Comment

Working...
                X