• Show
Clear All

The Librarians

Hi

The Librarians series really is one of those rare gems which is:

a) family friendly
    b) interesting
    c) fun
    d) is "referential" to other shows/etc. in a manner which shows respect as opposed to just ripping off an idea.
    e) has an excellent cast which is liked by YOUNG people AND..........umm us old folks..... lol

f) might just get a young person to at least "think" about becoming a librarian..........God knows we need more such.

As a pre-teen I ..... mean...... I binged on "Prof. Challenger" and "Doc Savage" not that I ever though I would ever "be" him/them but might get a taste if I went into science.

The series was originally a set of two hour movies, then a series( which I greatly feared could go south by becoming formulaic and has not) and now a brand spanking new season which is being kicked off by a very nice update.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Li...28franchise%29

it is on TNT as reruns and new shows and presumably also on Netflix and such.

woodlikesagoodyarnsmoke

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
    Hi

The Librarians series really is one of those rare gems which is:

a) family friendly
    b) interesting
    c) fun
    d) is "referential" to other shows/etc. in a manner which shows respect as opposed to just ripping off an idea.
    e) has an excellent cast which is liked by YOUNG people AND..........umm us old folks..... lol

f) might just get a young person to at least "think" about becoming a librarian..........God knows we need more such.

As a pre-teen I ..... mean...... I binged on "Prof. Challenger" and "Doc Savage" not that I ever though I would ever "be" him/them but might get a taste if I went into science.

The series was originally a set of two hour movies, then a series( which I greatly feared could go south by becoming formulaic and has not) and now a brand spanking new season which is being kicked off by a very nice update.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Li...28franchise%29

it is on TNT as reruns and new shows and presumably also on Netflix and such.

woodlikesagoodyarnsmoke
    I agree. Noah Wyle wasn't seen much during the first season as he was working on the final season of falling skies. Liked that show too

Comment

Working...
    X