Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for replying to my question. From the gist of what you are all saying that Kubuntu Forums was needed because of the bias towards Gnome (now Unity). But it is still a shame that it felt it had to be done because even though Ubuntu and Kubuntu are the same distribution with having separate forums and websites it appears to outsiders that there both different distributions.

Comment

Just for the record, I hope Snowhog would consider this to be a discussion, not an argument!

I'm genuinely just trying to understand where you're coming from because it's interesting. I like that people in the forum have a wide range of political views and backgrounds, it would be kind of boring if we didn't.

If I've come across as overly argumentative, then I'm sorry - that wasn't my intention. Without the benefit of being able to see/show my body language, it's difficult to write in a way that conveys only what I mean and not what someone might think I mean

P.S. @NickStone, sorry for taking the thread off topic!
      Last edited by Feathers McGraw; Sep 29, 2013, 01:45 PM. Reason: P.S.
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I do consider this to be discussion.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Happy Kubuntu family
          samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
            P.S. @NickStone, sorry for taking the thread off topic!
            Don't worry about it. It's not the first thread to go off topic and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Comment

Watch me settle this, the tiny frost bitten Canuck...the EU doesn't put up with bologna, especially from Microslop, that's why Microslop charges DOUBLE in the EU, to pay for all those nasty fines they keep getting, lol, on the flipside, the U.S. are way too lawyered up, half the Youtube videos I try to watch are blocked because they were posted in the U.S., AFAIAC, the EU is MORE free, wish I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by tek_heretik View Post
                the EU is MORE free
                EU used to be more free.
                Unfortunately this seems not to be the case here, any more.
                EU is moving towards the despotic way, with every passing day.
                European parliament doesn't really have any real authority and EU Kommission is rather a bankers counsil than citizens representatives.

Not to mention the (puppet) national goverments, across the continent.
                Kubuntu 13.10 saucy 3.11.0-12-generic 64bit (el_GR.UTF-8, kde-plasma), Windows 7
                AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ ‖ RAM 1750 MiB ‖ ALiveNF6P-VSTA
                nVidia C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] [10de:03d0] {nvidia}
                eth0: nVidia MCP61 Ethernet [10de:03ef] (rev a2)

Comment

I still keep an account with the Ubuntuforums and 'in the day' I found great help on it.
                  As others said, with the advent of Unity a great deal of the problems discussed are not relevant to KDE users while KDE questions are submerged in the great numbers.

The Kamaraderie I sense in this forum is certainly an other good reason to be here, little squabbles like the love or hate of guns/freedom are real-life issues and it should be possible to deal with it by respecting the other opinion.
                  Such seems to be possible here, arguably also a function of the limited number of people.

Comment

Working...
                  X