This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grokllaw closes due to U.S. surveillance

Other than posting the link i will refrain from commentary except to say, for those who may be unfamiliar with Groklaw, that....it was one of the very few "good ones".

Andrea Matwyshyn, a law professor at Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, added: "The final Groklaw post debunked the argument that if one has nothing to hide, one should not be concerned with internet privacy, comparing digital surveillance to the type of dignitary violation committed by a burglar who touches undergarments in a home.

"This comparison will likely strike a chord with many internet users who feel unable to understand who is collecting information about them and for what purpose."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23768810

woodgreatlysaddenedsmoke

It is a shame. I think we can all agree, regardless of political party or ideology, that surveillance on the level that the US government is conducting surveillance is illegal and is starting to affect the basic human rights outlined in the Bill of Rights.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
      It is a shame. I think we can all agree, regardless of political party or ideology, that surveillance on the level that the US government is conducting surveillance is illegal and is starting to affect the basic human rights outlined in the Bill of Rights.
      +1

Funny story... I was recently talking to my brother (who works in law enforcement) about this subject. He was trying to find out how those "hand warmers" in the plastic bags work. He read the ingredients, and was "googling" AMMONIUM NITRATE. It didn't occur to him at first what he was searching for. I told him he was "on the list" now.
      Klaatu Barada Nikto

Comment

lol
        woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
        X