Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon's "Cloud Player": linux-restricted!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon's "Cloud Player": linux-restricted!

So apparently when you run linux, Amazon's "Cloud Player" will only let you download one .mp3 file at a time, even after you've already purchased them! (cropped screenshot below)

This is the second time I've heard of software's restrictions peculiar to linux despite that particular software being available cross-platform. (The first was when I saw a post of GreyGeek's saying that skype lets you opt out of being a supernode only when you're running windows.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	linux_amazon_mp3.png
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	648011
    I run Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Have you tried a User Agent Switcher?
    sigpic

Comment

I gave my previous post a littler more thought.

A User Agent Switcher won't help here without a lot of work, and it's probably more work than it is worth. Amazon Cloud player uses a downloader and Linux support was dropped.

Here is a blog I stumbled on. I haven't validated this myself.

http://postralphaelite.blogspot.com/...s-lack-of.html
      sigpic

Comment

I was only using amazon mp3 because I got a gift card for it. It's not something that I would have used otherwise...

cool banner in your signature, btw
        I run Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Comment

Thanks. Its a picture I took on a trip to the coast. I found the 60 X 60 black Kubuntu icon online and used GIMP to put it together. Its a work in progress.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
            Have you tried a User Agent Switcher?
            Not really going to help. You need to run the Amazon downloader which processes a .aws file that the cloud player wants to open. I have a Windows VM I just spin up when I need to use it but I've heard it works fine in Wine. Even the Windows version can only download 1 at a time when not using the special downloader.

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
              Not really going to help. You need to run the Amazon downloader which processes a .aws file that the cloud player wants to open. I have a Windows VM I just spin up when I need to use it but I've heard it works fine in Wine. Even the Windows version can only download 1 at a time when not using the special downloader.
              Yep. I realized it probably required a special downloader after I replied the first time. Thanks for clarifying.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X