• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUIs are easier -- yeah, right.

How to add a forum to "My Forums" on MDSN/TechNet
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...my-forums.aspx

LMAO

Yikes! Can't help but agree with the commenter who opined that the process was sufficiently painful and obscure that nobody would use it.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Thats insane. Whoever designed that should be shipped off to a gulag somewhere.

Comment

Well that tutorial is clear as mud. lol

But it seems everyone wants to be the "go to" site for all the information these days. What happened to just making massive amounts of bookmarks?

It just reminded me of this Feng Shui site, uh yeah... Feng Shui is a Chinese system or the art of making flow through (positive qi) design to living spaces. After seeing this page, I would not use these people. Ironically this site asks if they can "clear your clutter".

Comment

Reading this thread caused me to reflect on my relationship with any MS product. In my many years or maintaining computers I have almost never depended on MS or their forums for any assistance. There are many other sources available for solving problems with Windows or any MS product that are not controlled by MS. I can't say this with certainty because I have never used any of the TechNet forums, but I suspect that if you post a question in one of those forums you will be directed to a Knowledge Base page for an usually inadequate or confusing answer. As my experience with Linux as grown over the last few years my dependence on Windows has dwindled to zero. In the past, I always kept MS XP Pro available, first in a dual boot mode and later in a virtual machine. My last time to do this was with QQ. I recently upgraded to RR and decided I will no longer keep any Windows on any of my machines. I just don't need it anymore.

Comment

I liked one comment:
            Clearly it was obviously staring me in the face that all I had to do was look for a tiny hidden triangle and then hunt through various obscure steps to find it. Don't know how I missed such a simple process and straightforward process, much simpler than the implied "add to my forums" button which I expected on the actual forum in question.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X