X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website for the privacy conscious among us

https://prism-break.org/

Of course, they just had to go with a cute name...
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Thanks. I added this to my bookmarks.
    sigpic

Comment

I was about to post this, good site.
      Rob

Comment

bosh
        living within the mutual admiration society
        if it goes "through a node"
        and ALL of the nodes go through the u.s.
        then
        THINK ABOUT IT.
        woodbeentheredonethatsincecastlecopssmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
          ALL of the nodes go through the u.s.
          Care to substantiate this claim?

Comment

just what i read on the net! lol

if one remembers the discussions a few years ago about the "U.S." ...."controlling" the web, when the U.N. or some such, wanted to "delegate" control of the web to various and sundry nations, and some president, maybe Bush, maybe Clinton, said...um...no.

woodsmoke

Comment

Well, it's not true that all traffic passes through the US, therefore not all nodes are here. Take a look at http://www.cablemap.info for example.

Comment

lol you really are the very last "universal encyclopedia" that Roger Bacon envisioned! lol

KEWL map!

So, I stand corrected, but then must ask, what was the "uproar" about about "other countries" being given "control" of the "internet" by "the U.N.", two of the arguments against, as I remember

a) U.S. "finances" the shebang
                b) U.S. really would try to maintain it in a "non-partisan" way while some "terrorist country, if given control" could use it against it's enemies...

but again, this was all...oh .... 8 years or so ago.. don't remember too many rum 'n cokes...

woodsmoke

Comment

lol you really are the very last "universal encyclopedia" that Roger Bacon envisioned! lol
                  Thanks, but nah...why memorize anything now, when I can search the world on my smartphone?

KEWL map!
                  Yes, when I first discovered it, many hours suddenly evaporated. But all maps can mesmerize me.

So, I stand corrected, but then must ask, what was the "uproar" about about "other countries" being given "control" of the "internet" by "the U.N.", two of the arguments against, as I remember

a) U.S. "finances" the shebang
                  b) U.S. really would try to maintain it in a "non-partisan" way while some "terrorist country, if given control" could use it against it's enemies...
                  Anyone who believes that the U.S. would be a "neutral" supervisor of the Internet is ignorant. We are just as guilty as every other country of manipulating that which we control into competitive advantage. The U.S. is opposed to non-aligned Internet control because it would lose just such advantage. Furthermore, any other nation that assumed some control would then try to manipulate it to their own advantage. "Neutrality" is friggin' pipe dream.

Comment

Working...
                  X