This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very small "pure KDE" Webcam application

Kamerka is a very small, really kool webcam app for KDE. I was looking for a substitute for Cheese (GTK ), which brings in loads of GTK apps/libraries I'd rather not have, just to get my webcam working. Kamerka fits the bill, and very nicely! I was totally surprised. If you haven't tried it, give it a whirl. It is slick! 8)
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Very NICE! A clean, minimalist app!

Bye Cheese.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I'm not into social networking of any kind, unless you call being here in KFN all the time social networking.

Kamerka is useful (so far) only for taking pictures of what it sees, which isn't really that useful. If it can, or will (the developer says he has some new things going into it in the next update coming out soon) be able to act as a 'feed' to other apps -- Skype for example -- then we have something to sink our teeth into.

For now, for me, being able to take a picture of my mug is good enough.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

This is great news! A Cheese replacement has been one of the things I longed for when moving from Gnome to KDE.
        Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
        DACS Linux Sig | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
        Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Comment

Ah, good to hear it's still being maintained. I had switched over to Kamoso, but then after my get-rid-of-GStreamer project, I returned to Kamerka. Looking forward to what's next.

Comment

Working...
          X