This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop screen question

This isn't really Kubuntu-related, but I know there's a lot of smart people around here so I thought I'd ask. I've posted this on the official HP forum, but so far I've gotten no answers.

I have a dv9500 with a broken hinge and cracked bezel. It uses a dual-lamp display, part number 447990-001.

I also have a dv9700 that no longer works, but its screen is in good shape. It uses a single-lamp display, part 447989-001.

I know I probably can't use just the hinges from the 9700 on the 9500 (Can I?). Is it possible to swap out the entire display (screen, hinges, bezel, inverter(s), everything)?

Yes, this is an odd question for this forum, but according to this: http://www.amazon.com/3KAT9HATP05-3K.../dp/B005IJE4XC
    the hinges are the same.

On my HP (a DV7000) you had to remove a few screws on the bottom of the laptop to pop off the hinge cover (the case part above the keyboard) then you had to remove the screws behind the little rubber bumpers on the screen frame to pop the front of the frame off. Then all the hinge screws were accessible. On mine, the hinges were actually in two parts, one that attached to the screen frame and one the attached to the case and they slid together. Likely you can find instructions on the internet somewhere. Take is slow and don't lose any parts!

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X