This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your ideal job/career, what is it?

My lab assistant is taking a "leadership" class which really does not pull any punches. The "lefty" way and the "righty" way, the capitalist and the communist, the lassaiz faire and the authoritarian all get their commupances in the text and the activities. It really is a very well done class. Unfortunately some people walk out part way through because they can't stand to have their bubble burst!

As a "reward for work well done".....their last assignment is to describe what their really ideal, deep down inside, job would be given that there are absolutely NO restrictions at all in any way, from family, society, money, education, you name it. NO restrictions, if you could do it you do it.

I was thinking about mine for a few days and it just occured to me this morning.

++++++++++

Job Description: Beach Comber

Job Requirements: a good beach with a great sky and a warm blue sea

Your attributes: a good lower back so as to be able to easily reach down and the ability to build a hammock between two palm trees.

++++++++++

SO COME ON NOW.......if you had "pie in the sky".....what would be YOUR ideal job/career?
    woodbeachcombersmoke

Re: Your ideal job/career, what is it?

working at the fsf.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I'm torn.

One would be testing the mileage and performance of Burt Rutan's "VeriEazy" aircraft at various locations around America, with my wife, who now has a flight under her belt!

Another would be exploring the mountain ranges in North America for various minerals and comparing the discoveries with multi-spectrum satellite photos of those locations to correlate what the photos show with what is on the ground. A lot of that has been done already, but there is much work remaining.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

GG
        I hereby will NOT ask any question like this again because you are just so COOL!!!!

woodjealoussmoke

Comment

Well, I'm doing mine. Professional Grandfather.

Comment

I began my ideal career in January: "Retired Gentleman".

But, I must confess, I also work part time at Detonate's career.

Comment

Congrats, Dibl!!! 8)

I can recommend the first three years, although I am rarely referred to as a "gentleman"!

I didn't include "grandpa" as a job because I didn't consider it a job. Sorry, guys, but I have three of the best grandsons that genetics can bring!
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek

I am rarely referred to as a "gentleman"!

Yeah, I noticed that I had to give myself the new job title!

Comment

Seven more months! The time will seem to .... drag by.

After that, it will FLY! I can't believe how quickly the last three years have flown by.

What do you plan to do in retirement, besides moderating here?

Comment

In retrospect, if this question had been posed to me 50 years ago, the choice I made then was exactly the same as I would make again. I never wanted to be anything but a soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate

I never wanted to be anything but a soldier.
                      Heh -- good for you Detonate!

My grandfather served in France in WWI, with distinction (got medals), but refused ever to discuss it with anyone. My father served in the China-Burma-India theater for about 4 years in WWII, and he had such a low opinion of the Army that I couldn't ever muster much enthusiasm for it. I was a freshman in college when they instituted the draft lottery, and they never got to my number. And I never was tempted to volunteer for it, although when in high school my "Plan B" was to join the Navy, which sounded more interesting at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
                        I never wanted to be anything but a soldier.
                        While in HS that is what I wanted to be, too. In the last semester of my senior year I took a test offered at that time to qualify for a field called "Missilry" (Or something like that. I built model rockets and made bombs and zip guns) and got a 95% grade, which qualified me for a place called "Cape Canaveral". I had no clue what that place was or what they did there. After graduation I talked my best friend into joining with me on the buddy system. He passed the physical, I failed. Hammer toes. My 4F changed to a 4Y after I graduated with a Master degree.

Comment

Working...
                        X