Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toshiba's Win 7 "Bulletin Board" software a "social" desktop.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba's Win 7 "Bulletin Board" software a "social" desktop.

I just saw this on a friends brand new, very high end, wide screen Win7 laptop.

Take a look and come back here:

http://us.toshiba.com/computers/rese...board-software

What you see in that picture is just the "tip of the iceberg" of what the "Toshiba Bulletin Board" app does.

This is not a "bulletin board" as in an internet bulletin board.

It is a "school" bulletin board from the fifties on the wall thing WITH.... social links if the user wants to include them.

If you think you have seen "complicated" or "too many icons" on a friends windblows desktop this is:

a) the same
    b) different.

He has a "ribbon" or a "panel' at the bottom of the screen which is about an inch high....

and what Toshiba has done...

is.....

Make the "desktops" with which Linux People are so familiar and which Windblows "can" do......

DONE...

AND.......made them "user friendly" and "useable".

Let me say this again.

Toshiba has figured out a way to make MULTIPLE "desktops" and not called them desktops, but instead called them "bulletin boards".

Now....one cannot get to a "menu" etc. One gets to the "original" menu, but the "bulletin boards" serve the same function as the "Linux desktops".

He has one for his kids and just swipes his finger on the touchpad to drag it along the screen and then clicks it.

He has one for his former wife, one for his present girlfriend, one for "e-mails".

And what you SEEEEEEEE.....is what you see in the link.

NOT the normal "icons" ....he has "pictures" of his kids and attached to each, but not necessarily, is a "sticky note' where he puts current information, the latest e-mail, whatever.

AND....

Think Compiz fusion only not that.....the "writing in fire" on the desktop?

Welll he writes with "chalk" on the desktop, between the images and stick notes.

He also has a clock and a calculator, and a calculator, and ...and...and....

The desktop is JAMMED....

and that clock, and the calculator....he gets them......just like people get widgets from the Plasma "panel" that grows out of the Cashew...

So.....looks like Toshiba took one or two pieces of the plasma desktop and the basic idea of having "desktops" and limited them to using just a couple of things, but very USEFUL things....

And really has....made....a "social" desktop.

woodsmoke

Re: Toshiba's Win 7 "Bulletin Board" software a "social" desktop.

Can't believe it I've never heard this stuff man I guess I've been too busy with my kubuntu. So thanks a million for posting this!

I quickly search through google after reading your post, looking for dl link, and .... puff here ya go:
    http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/cont...c00289100h.exe

Thank god it works on my satellite L310 .
    Attached Files
    ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Re: Toshiba's Win 7 "Bulletin Board" software a "social" desktop.

woah!
      thanks for that it never occured to me that it would be available to anybody.

PLEASE come back with some comments and PARTICULARLY whether you think it really is moving in the direction of a "social desktop" as I thought, really, I would like to know.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X