This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marverick rocks!

I had a most pleasant experience when I installed Lucid, and thought then, that it was the best experience in a move 'up' in a Kubuntu release I had gone through. I gave it an A++.

I installed (fresh, on prepared/formatted partitions) Maverick on October 12th. Did all my usual customizations. Continued to utlize my Lucid install as my main OS. But, it was not very long before I decided to use Maverick as may main Kubuntu OS. I still have Lucid, and boot into it occassionaly to ensure it remains up to date. But Maverick is my main OS. By choice, I always have two versions of Kubuntu on my laptop; the current and prior release.

Everything works. Period. As my lapto has an integraded Intel GPU, the only 'issue' is with translucency in Desktop Effects. I have to have Disable functionality checks marked (Advanced tab), but that's all. With that checked, translucency works just fine.

Maverick is one solid Kubuntu OS. Maverick rocks!
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Marverick rocks!

Out of curiosity, what resolution are you running?

Please Read Me

Comment

1440x900, the maximum my laptop supports.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I used Lucid last August and now I have Maverick installed. I don't even remember what differences there were between the two. I agree, Maverick rocks.

Comment

Working...
        X