• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. Insteresting path for KDE

I think I read the article correctly.

http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...-of-kde-718510

Re: Hmmm. Insteresting path for KDE

Yes, I read that article earlier and came to the same conclusions.
    Boot Info Script

Comment

Polishing KDE software was a central theme of Sunday's keynote address. Given by long-time KDE developer and evangelist Aaron Seigo, this talk focused on the successes of and challenges for KDE. He said KDE had enjoyed a great year and listed a number of its successes. These included retaining a deployment of 50 million school desktops in Brazil and gaining several hundred thousand additional deployments in universities.

Deployment of KDE desktops in Portugal has almost doubled from four to seven hundred thousand laptops. There are a million KDE deployments in Venezuela and KDE software is used on 11,000 computers in German embassies worldwide.
      I doubt that Linux shares 1% or 2% of PC market share worldwide. I'm sure (or I'd be pretty sure that) many of those PC's mentioned in that article use Linux and not Windows as their OS.
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Interesting reading. Well, "life is change" isn't it? As long as I can use a keyboard as an interface, I think I can adapt to whatever comes after KDE 4.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          Interesting reading. Well, "life is change" isn't it? As long as I can use a keyboard as an interface, I think I can adapt to whatever comes after KDE 4.
          +1

Comment

Working...
          X