This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ubuntuforums.org offline?

I use both this forum and ubuntuforums.org for my Ubuntu tech questions. For the past couple of weeks I have been having trouble getting to ubuntuforums.org. It connects some of the time and others it doesn't. Now for the past three day I haven't been able to connect at all. Can anyone else reach http://ubuntuforums.org? I have some old posts with info I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Re: ubuntuforums.org offline?

Hi,

I've just tried and it seems that they're down to optimize database...

Cheers

Comment

Ubuntuforums.org is a very helpful site, and I used to spend a lot of time there. However one main reason I started this site was because it seemed like they were down all the time. And when they were up, the search function never worked for me; always timed out. That could just be due to the enormous amount of posts, but I got tired of it. Anyhow, not hatin' on them, because they offer GREAT support, and their site is well organized. I just thought I would speak my mind.

Comment

The only problem here, I think, most of the HowTo's that are also applicable to KDE are only found there. For example, the Automatix for Kubuntu thread only links to ubuntuforums. Maybe it's for the sake of simplicity (no duplication), but it's not very helpful when the ubuntuforums site is down. I was on the receiving end of that problem, when I reinstalled my Kubuntu, only to find out that ubuntuforums was down. >

Maybe when I have a bit of free time, I would just quote/post some of the KDE stuff that I will be able to find there.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
        X