New TIME ZONE problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New TIME ZONE problem

I've been running on Kubuntu 24.04 for about a week or more, and doing all the updates coming in. My TIME ZONE is New York and all was fine [except getting blank screens sometimes as I reported in another topic].

Now the last couple of days, the time is displayed incorrectly. The time zone is unchanged, but now New York time of 3:09 PM is displayed as 11:09 AM. I don't know exactly when this started; it must have been one of the updates. And that I just noticed yesterday. This is annoying. I changed the time zone to get my time correctly displayed again by using the Danmarkshavn time zone. But this causes other problems.

The Brave browser tells me sites are insecure because times don't match. for example:

Your clock is behind
    A private connection to www.kennedy24.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Wednesday, September 18, 2024 at 3:01:16 PM) are incorrect.
    net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
    To establish a secure connection, your clock needs to be set correctly. This is because the certificates that websites use to identify themselves are only valid for specific periods of time. Since your device's clock is incorrect, Brave cannot verify these certificates.​

It seems some things were missed in an update package.

Please check into this and the BLANK SCREEN problem. WHOA! As soon as I finished the sentence, the screen started multiple blanking.

type on konsole timedatectl​ status and check the output
    Last edited by Virginio Miranda; Today, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X