Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plasma-discover not starting

Hi All,

I've a fresh install of Kubuntu 24.04/Wayland on a laptop and Discover will not start (from menu or CLI with plasma-discover) . All other apps I've tried work fine. On the command line I get SIGINT(2), when I give up and hit Ctrl+C, but no error messages/output at all in the terminal. Any ideas?

Looks like it might be related to : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/2063353

Thanks in advance

Jim

Same thing here

Comment

Well, if it is the bug you posted you could remove plasma-discover-backend-snap (sudo apt purge plasma-discover-backend-snap)​ or remove Snap completely (e.g. with the get rid of Snap script) to make Discover work again.
      I could not recreate the bug once, though (Discover with two or three backends installed, X11 session, Kubuntu 24.04 LTS & Plasma 5.27.11 / Kubuntu 22.04 LTS & Plasma 5.27.11).​

I would additionally suggest to try if this also occurs in an X11 session ("A Plasma Wayland session is available for testing by installing the plasma-workspace-wayland package, but is not supported.​" - from the Kubuntu 24.04 LTS release notes).
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; May 14, 2024, 03:59 AM.
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
        sudo apt purge plasma-discover-backend-snap
        Mine wasn't working other. It stopped working after the most recent distro update. I have another thread about it. This fixed it. I had removed snap previously, and discover gets a little cranky when you do that.

Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X