Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a Wi-Fi Hotspot which is not open for everybody (to create a KDE-Connect Connection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] How to make a Wi-Fi Hotspot which is not open for everybody (to create a KDE-Connect Connection)

I have a Problem with Hotspots, every time I try to make one, it makes a Hotspot without any Password or Security.
    Then I tried to change Password and Name, now every new Hotspot has that Name and Password, but doesn't work.

Is there a way to make a Hotspot with security, for use with KDE connect? And why has every new Hotspot that Name that I gave to the first Hotspot?

The Hotspot for KDE-Connect worked excatly one Time, but I don't want to have a Hotspot, which is not Secure

Thanks in Advance

kde connect doesn't involve hotsposts per se, it works over wifi. Both PC and computer need to be on the same wifi network.

Are you trying to use KDE Connect while using your phone as a hotspot, to share your mobile connection with a computer?
    I know this works, as I am using it as I type this

If you are trying to create a hotspot on the computer -- a Shared Wifi connection, you need to set that up from the WiFi Security tab in the connection settings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240723_070627.png
Views:	80
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	681407

​If you try to make a hotspot wit the same name as a previous one, you probably will want to delete the previous one(s)

How and where exactly are you creating the hotspot?

Comment

First Problem was, that my Fritzbox integrated W-LAN doesn't worked anymore (I don't really need that, as we have free WI-Fi around and my PC is wired.)

That's why I wanted to make a Hotspot, first attempt worked so far, only that I saw it's without Security, so I was frightened that "everybody" can log into my PC now.
      so I gave it a WPA, WPA2 Personal Password, as you mentioned.

I think I must delete the Settings for a New Hotspot, that I most likely saved for New Hotspots (as it looks)

I made it with the Network Icon, in the Taskbar.

Comment

Working...
      X