X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guarddog Blocking Flash Streams (but not all)-Update

Hi I've a rather odd problem.

The Most Haunted web-cams have been on tonight - last time they were on (January) they had changed from WMP (which blocked me) to Flash, which worked, and well. Tonight, they didn't work on my machine, although they did on my wife's netbook, running UNR.

Both run firewalls, the netbook runs UFW and mine Guarddog. I found that flash started to stream if I disabled guarddog, and stopped if I re-enabled it. Other sites, however, using flash (Youtube BBC iPlayer) work fine. Given that guarddog works on a protocol basis, are there some protocols associated with flash that I ought to be enabling? Or, do I need a firewall at all, given that I have just run "Shields Up" and with the exception of ping (down to the ISP I think as a response is provoked irrespective of guarddogs settings) the machine seems to be fully stealthed (unless that's down to the ISP too). Option 3 is just to disable the firewall if I'm on that site.

Any thoughts please?

Re: Guarddog Blocking Flash Streams (but not all)-Update

Okay by playing with Guarddog and by process of elimination I found I had to enable NFS to make this particular service work.

I was concerned that Guarddog rated this service as high risk. Does that mean in normal use (i.e unless I am visiting the site in question) I should reject that service? Can anyone tell me please what risks are associated with it to warrant it's "high" status?

Much obliged!

Comment

Working...
    X