This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File sharing does not work for nfs and samba

i installed filesharing and nfs and samba....when go dolphin to share..it even shares on nfs...but samba stays greyed out. also when you go look at what is shared..it shows 9 bytes from my other kubuntu computer and does not allow you to view anything shared on one i am try to share with.

Re: File sharing does not work for nfs and samba

I haven't quite figured that one out, yet.

I use a workaround. I enter the location by hand. If my Samba share is at 192.168.0.15, for example, in the left side panel of Dolphin I "Add entry"

Then it works fine. I can use other designations of Windows shares on the network (such as windowsserver/sharedfiles ) instead of 192.168.0.15, of course.

The problem is often locating the WinDNS server, or even having one running on your network. My WinDNS server is on a windows machine that usually is turned off on my network (since I don't use Windows much anymore), and I never bothered to set one up on a Linux box. (My home router is old and doesn't have the capability.)

The Dolphin entry remains, after adding it, so I never have to do it again.

Also, don't forget to make sure any firewalls are opened appropriately. So I make sure my firewall allows access to 192.168.0.15, for example.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
    and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Working...
    X