This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

konqueror file manager right-click menu delay

I have noticed after upgrading to kde 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 that the right-click menu in konqueror is delayed by about a second. This affects all machines that I have upgraded to 4.4 but my family's machines which remain on kde 3.5.10 and two on kde 4.3.5 do not have this delay. This issue prevents me from upgrading my wife's machine since she uses this menu a lot to resize images and I'm in trouble if I make her machine worse. Any iseas how to fix this?

Re: konqueror file manager right-click menu delay

Some ideas which might help.
    • clear Konqueror's history
    • clear Konqueror's cache
    • empty the trash bin
    • check if the same problem exists in Dolphin

Kind of a shotgun approach, but it might help.
    Welcome newbies!
    Verify the ISO
    Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Thanks for the reply but none of those things make any difference. I have the exact same behaviour in dolphin and also on another machine. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

I've done some experimentation and discovered that the delay is significantly reduced if the kdeglobals file is emptied. The delay starts to reappear as I cutomize the desktop and more information is added to kdeglobals. It appears from this that the kdeglobals file is being reparsed on every right-click but I'm only guessing. I think this may be a bug as it didn't happen in kde 4.3.5.

Comment

kubuntu 9.10 freezes trying to open files or openning dolphin: Possibly related?
          • Do you have network shares in fstab?
          • Do you have links to network shares in your home folder?
          Welcome newbies!
          Verify the ISO
          Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Telengard
            kubuntu 9.10 freezes trying to open files or openning dolphin: Possibly related?
            • Do you have network shares in fstab?
            • Do you have links to network shares in your home folder?
            No to both, and my right-click on files in Dolphin is apparently delayed as well, between half a second and one second, but to be honest, I hadn't ever noticed it before and only noticed it now because I was specifically looking for it.

Comment

Working...
            X