This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Screen Saver & Twinview

Hello, I'm a huge fan of Kubuntu and really enjoying the stability and great features in the latest releases! I use two monitors on my Kubuntu desktop at work and I had them order an Nvidia card specifically because of the better dual monitor support I found.

My question/request is regarding the Media Screen Saver, which I believe is an extension of Kaffeine? When I set a video to be the screensaver, it will only play a single video and only in the center of the screen (half in the left monitor, half in the right). I want to stick with Twinview because of compositing support built in, but I'd really like to use the media screensaver.

Is there a way to have Media Screensaver more configurable, e.g. two movies one for each screen, perhaps zoomed in so it actually functions as a screensaver as well? Even without zoom this would be adequate as my movies are the size of the screen.

If this is as simple as hacking the code myself, I'd love to learn how to do that but all my googling isn't finding any result. Do I really need to get ALL those kde development packages to just modify a single screensaver?

I also looked into writing my own bash script screensaver that spawns off mplayer to each screen, but I'd much rather use an integrated solution if at all possible...

Re: Media Screen Saver & Twinview

really nobody else out there using media screensaver and twinview?

Comment

Working...
    X