This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOSBox 0.73 will not start

I've been using DBGL 0.60 for some time (bundled with DOSBos 0.72).

I decided to upgrade to DBGL 0.67 bundled with DOSBOx 0.73. it didn't work. Firing up a game resulting in a window with and orange background and a DOSbox logo which then closed/crashed.

After trying a few games i realised it was DOSBox which i tried directly. Same result. I tried a few things and even installed DOSbox 0.73 from the repos and same result still.

So I tried the dreaded CLI. and it works there for some reason. So launching by clicking on it in, for example dolphin, or from the menu fails but it works from the CLI. Which is confusing me so I've come here.

DOSBox 0.72 of the DBGL package works perfectly still.

Re: DOSBox 0.73 will not start

I don't know what your question is (couldn't find a question mark), but DOS tends to access the hardware more directly than Linux so it makes sense that some programs could cause difficulty. That said, I'm a long time doshead and have never even considered DOSbox. Suitable computers for running DOS (P1, P2) are actually difficult to avoid and some people even pay to recycle them. Load up real DOS and go crazy!

Comment

Re: DOSBox 0.73 will not start

Hmm I suppose I should have made it more clear what I wanted. How do I get DBGL 0.67 bundled with DOSBOx 0.73 to work?

Comment

Working...
      X