Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED]Macbook Pro 3.1 Kubuntu 9.10 Phonon+flash with external speakers problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Macbook Pro 3.1 Kubuntu 9.10 Phonon+flash with external speakers problem

When I play flash videos Kubuntu 9.10 will only play sound from flash videos through the internal speakers on my laptop. All of my other applications will output the optical digital audio signal to my receiver and speakers. I have specifically set all of the multimedia audio settings to use my digital output. I don't know if it's a problem with the flash plugin, Phonon, or both. Does anyone know how to change the sound output that flash uses? I am still using the laptop's internal soundcard I'm just using the optical output to my speaker system that has a digital decoder. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Sincerely,
    Caudata

Re: [SOLVED]Macbook Pro 3.1 Kubuntu 9.10 Phonon+flash with external speakers problem

The solution for me was to download the package: libaften0

Comment

Re: Macbook Pro 3.1 Kubuntu 9.10 Phonon+flash with external speakers problem

The solution works but what you hear depends on how many channels are supported by the video.

Comment

Working...
      X