This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions, wireless mouse and firefox

Ok so I am running 9.1 with kde and I have a ihome USB wireless mouse and keyboard. when my cpu usage goes up my mouse gets really laggy and sometimes stops working for a few seconds typically when I am streaming videos online.

The second problem is that if I leave firefox running for a few hours it somehow thinks that there is another window open but there is nothing else running in my task bar, and for some reason after that point I get no sound from firefox but I still get a logout chime. the only way to fix the issue is to stop firefox then log out and log back in.

Has anyone had either of these problems? Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Two questions, wireless mouse and firefox

Your first problem, unresponsive mouse, is due to your system being too busy, playing the movie to pay attention to the mouse. Actually, I'm surprised. I would have thought that the mouse would have a higher priority than the browser. It is probably possible to change this behavior.

My only response to your Firefox problem is to suggest that you close Ff when you're not using it. That's probably a wise thing to do in any case. There are very few vulnerabilities in Ff for Linux,(even compared to Ff for windoze, let alone M$IE) but very few is not zero.

Comment

Working...
    X