X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok 2.2.1 "Weightless" released

So Amarok 2.2.1 "Weightless" has been released:

http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.2.1

Does anyone know where I grab a package for Karmic? Any unoffical PPAs perhaps?

Re: Amarok 2.2.1 "Weightless" released

It's available in the Kubuntu Backports PPA here: https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/backports

Comment

Never mind.

I've found that if you add the backports PPA, you can get the upgrade. More information from Kubuntu.org:

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/amarok-2.2.1

Comment

Originally posted by tnorris
        It's available in the Kubuntu Backports PPA here: https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/backports
        Hah, thank you. You beat me by a minute or so.

Comment

yes open Kpackagekit and click updates then refresh

O well you mite nead this it looks like it was from ppa1

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu karmic main

I just installed it.

VINNY
          EDIT:OOPS
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

BTW, I just got the Equalizer working by upgrading with Jonathan Riddell's PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~jr/+archive/ppa

After the Phonon packages upgrade Equalizer is enabled in Amarok.

Comment

seams to work ok ......hu it'l play a .avi vidclip but still not my cd's
              go figure..........but it works.

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

This dot release runs much better on my under-powered machine. Cover manager downloads covers again and with Mr. Riddle's piece I even have an equalizer again. Just goes to show if you wait long enough Amarok will get it "right" again eventually,
                Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

Re: Amarok 2.2.1 &quot;Weightless&quot; released

Thanks wh0rd for the tip for using Jonathan Riddell's PPA. Happy to have the Equalizer working.

Now if only Amarok would get album artwork that's embedded in the mp3s. All my other media players (VLC, Juk, Songbird) all get the album artwork directly from the file. I spent a good chunk of time editing my entire collection to ensure all correct album artwork was saved in each file. It's too bad Amarok doesn't take advantage of this.

Comment

CD support finally works properly, why it has taken so long is beyond me. I used to run Amarok 1.4.10 in Jaunty but it suddenly wouldn't load due to dependency issues when I upgraded to Karmic.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble w/ Amarok not not respecting your "random" setting for playlists with 2.2.1? The current playlist I have loaded is set to "random track" but as it plays it's just going sequentially through the playlist.

Comment

Now if only Amarok would get album artwork that's embedded in the mp3s.
                        This seems to be in the wishlist > Bug 176402 Embedded id3v2 cover art not displayed
                        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
                        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
                        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Originally posted by dtr
                          Now if only Amarok would get album artwork that's embedded in the mp3s. All my other media players (VLC, Juk, Songbird) all get the album artwork directly from the file. I spent a good chunk of time editing my entire collection to ensure all correct album artwork was saved in each file. It's too bad Amarok doesn't take advantage of this.
                          Here's what I do for that. I run a couple of simple find commands to extract them from the mp3 and set them up as cover.jpg in the each folder. Amarok then picks them up as cover art during the collection scan. Works perfectly for me.

Code:
                          find /music -name "01*mp3" -execdir eyeD3 -i . {} \;
                          find /music -name "OTHER.jpeg" -print -execdir mv {} cover.jpg \;
                          A few things to note:
                          • This requires you have eyeD3 installed. It's in the repositories
                          • This works for me because I have my entire collection set up as <artist>/<album>/<tracks>
                          • The reason for the two finds is that some of my artwork is set as "OTHER" type rather than "COVER" as it should be.
                          • I only extract the image from the first track of each album.

Comment

Working...
                          X