This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a million Konqurer Icons....

so i recently upgraded to the beta (i like finding those bugs).

just want to report in, about a strange thing happening with konqurer.
    if i click on a link (since its my default browser). konqurer opens up. right sounds normal.

ok well there is a twist.. if i click on a link i get a LOT of konqurer.. it just keeps opening in the task area although a window never spawns. it will keep opening konqurer untill i restart the computer (again never really spawning a window) check the screen shot and you will see what i mean

shot can be seen here.
    http://dopplereffect.shacknet.nu/kicker.png

it does stop opening them for a little while after about 10 min then it just starts back up ... again... ne ideas ?
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Re: a million Konqurer Icons....

Not withstanding that you have a problem, the effects are COOL! (hey, if you can't laugh at the misfortunes of others, well ... )
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

well i changed my default to firefox, that solves the problem. but for those who want to use konqurer as default it not so fun.

now i know that kde 4.3.1 is(was) working properly (as i was using it in jaunty up untill the other night) so i can't say its a kde bug.

Comment

That's interesting because I have a similar problem with the gnome desktop, which no one seems to know how to fix. If I turn off "show desktop" in gconf-editor, to keep it from plastering the contents of ~ all over the desktop, it spawns an apparently infinite number of file browser icons in the bottom panel. Thereby rendering gnome either miserably cluttered, or useless.
        Wonder if nautilus and konqueror have some code in common?
        We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

@doctordruidphd
          my issue was only when i clicked a web link, (dolphin is default file browser in kubuntu now).i would expect the same behavior if i were to set it as default file browser. i have noticed if i start konqurer from the menu (or with krunner) it starts just fine, only when it gets called with a url.(perhaps that is the common part) although i never get any ~files on my desktop. if you try another file browser do you get the same issue?

Comment

Working...
          X