This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is my Splash Download

Thru the system settings I downloaded a splash screen to try. Unfortunately, I do not know where it was downloaded to. Any ideas??

Re: Where is my Splash Download

~/.kde/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

i don have apps folder in share. There is only config only there.. Now what to do.
      Also please tell how to apply that splash screen

Comment

If you know the name of the theme, you could try:
        Code:
        locate theme-name
        replacing theme-name with the name of the theme you downloaded.

To activate a spalsh theme, go to:
        SystemSettings > Appearance > SplashScreen
        The available themes should be in the list.

That is where they are on my system. The only other place I can think to look is:
        /usr/share/kde4/apps/ksplash/Themes
        We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Perhaps, you don't set the view to show the hidden files. Open files browser (Dolphin), at menu bar there has a view pull-down menu, check the "show hidden file".
          Linux tawee2009 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 14:04:26 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux - Desktop@Office<br /><br />Acer Aspire 3810TZ : Dual Boots : Vista/Kubuntu9.10

Comment

/usr/share/kde4/apps/ksplash/Themes
            I already downloaded many themes in system settings. But there is none in that folder. But the folder is there..

Comment

If you will check the resolution of the image to be downloaded.
              Linux tawee2009 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 14:04:26 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux - Desktop@Office<br /><br />Acer Aspire 3810TZ : Dual Boots : Vista/Kubuntu9.10

Comment

Originally posted by tawee2009
                If you will check the resolution of the image to be downloaded.
                Sorry i cant understand what you are trying to say...

Comment

If you are talking of the KDE 4 splash (The Splash Screen is the animated image or screen that is displayed while KDE loads after you log in). System Settings > Appearance > Splash Screen > Get New Themes.

With the System Settings

As the "doctordruidphd" wrote they are downloaded to the "~/.kde/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/". That is same as: "/home/YOUR_USERNAME_HERE/.kde/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/".

With the package management /1/

They are installed to the "/usr/share/kde4/apps/ksplash/Themes/"

Many of the KDE splash screen are not working with the System Settings "Get New Themes" because they are using an external download page. More of that > Topic: Change the splash?

/1/ FAQ: Package Managers
                  Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
                  1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
                  2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131
                    If you are talking of the KDE 4 splash (The Splash Screen is the animated image or screen that is displayed while KDE loads after you log in). System Settings > Appearance > Splash Screen > Get New Themes.

With the System Settings

As the "doctordruidphd" wrote they are downloaded to the "~/.kde/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/". That is same as: "/home/YOUR_USERNAME_HERE/.kde/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/".

Comment

Working...
                    X